Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Vipassana Meditation

At Dhamma Laṭṭhikā, in the Vipassana Center in Battambang, Cambodia.

It was only recently that I took my Vipassana Meditation course, but I already know that it has made a tangible impact on my life. 

There is a part of me that is constantly thinking about how to live a peaceful, happy, moral, and loving life. And over the years I have accumulated ideas and found personal truths of how to live as such.  But the ideas and philosophies are all understood at an intellectual level, which is important-- but it's not real knowing. After taking the course, I now feel like I have another practical tool to help align my values with how I live my daily life.

Vipassana meditation is a technique in which you unlearn the habit patterns in the mind which cause suffering. Through the observation of the sensations on your body and observation of your reactions to them, a person learns the true nature about reality and oneself. Vipassana literally means "to see things as they really are."

the day I left the course

 

Vipassana is a 10 day progressive course where participants live remotely on site. It can be practiced universally, no matter what race, religion, or background a person may come from.  Courses are offered all around the world and there are no charges for anything, not even food or accommodations. All expenses are met by donations of people who have taken the course previously. For more information or to apply, you can visit their website at http://www.dhamma.org/en/.

1 comment:

  1. May I know how's the transportation arrangement like when you leave the center?

    ReplyDelete